Following on from “Jammy Didgers” are “Gingernots”! Homemade versions of supermarket favourites.
What you need:
65g caster sugar and a little to sprinkle on top
150g wholemeal flour
4 teaspoons ground ginger
juice of half a lemon
What you need to do:
1. Heat the oven to 175C.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl with a fork.
3. Mix the flour and ground ginger together then combine well with the butter and sugar mixture.
4. Squeeze the lemon juice onto the mixture and blend in with a fork.
5. Place the mixture onto a piece of baking paper, fold the paper over it and roll it into a sausage shape.
6. Lay the sausage on a baking tray, unwrap it and slice it into discs spacing them out on the baking paper. Sprinkle a bit of caster sugar over the biscuits.
7. Place the tray in the oven and bake the biscuits for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden and they smell good!