Again?! I know, I know, I only just posted a honey cake recipe, but I really love them so here they are again with a couple of recipe amendments, and orange zest and blueberries. These were served with strawberries and cream last night for dessert and one “devourer” said she didn’t breathe until she had finished it. Good! I love comments like that!
What you need:
100g butter (left out to soften for a day or put in the microwave for 15 seconds)
60g white sugar
4 dessert spoons clear runny honey
110g self-raising flour
Zest of half an orange
1 punnet of blueberries
A couple of dessert spoons of icing sugar
What you need to do:
1. Heat the oven to 180C.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until very well combined.
3. Beat the eggs in, one at a time.
4. Add the honey and combine well.
5. Grate the orange zest over the mixture and stir in.
6. Blend the flour in bit by bit and whip well into the mixture each time with a whisk making sure you incorporate a lot of air.
7. Spoon the mixture into mini moulds and bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. A skewer will come out clean when they are ready.
8. Fill the centres with blueberries and shake icing sugar in a sieve over the cakes. Peel the remaining skin off the orange and cut into pieces, drop these willy nilly over the cakes.